Yes, personal data is shared. In some cases, it is not actively shared: for example where it is processed by an IT or software company who needs access to the data to carry out their operational activities. We do not actively share data with these companies, but they do have access to it.
In some circumstances, of course, data is indeed actively shared:
• Participant data is shared with the builder of our app in order to provide a properly functioning app.
• If a participant orders items from LOWA during registration, the order details and the participant’s name and address will be shared so that LOWA can send them the items.
• If a participant orders a certificate during registration, the participant’s name and address and walking number will be shared with the printer so that they can produce and send a personalised certificate.
• If a participant is a member of the Dutch Walking Association (KWBN), the participant’s KWBN number and the distance will be shared so that the discount can be applied and information about the KWBN rest stop can be provided.
• If a participant wishes to register for the 4Days Marches Sponsored Walk, the registration number will be used during registration for the Sponsored Walk to check whether the participant has an active registration for the 4Days Marches. No personal data will be shared.
• At the request of the Dutch Ministry of Defence, military participants must provide additional information during the registration process. This information is required so that military participants can access and stay at Camp Heumensoord.
We have concluded a data processing agreement with these companies and organisations stating what data will be shared and for what purposes, and when the data must be destroyed. The guiding principle is that we will never share more information than is strictly needed for the specific purpose or service in question.